Social Endeavors Kids is a weekly structured playgroup designed to help children develop age appropriate social and communication skills.
We believe that children learn best through successful experiences. Our play-groups provide a fun and creative setting wherein children can learn and enhance their social abilities and experience social success. Our approach is based on the notion that play is the primary mode of communication for young children, very much as language is for adults. Using structured and facilitated play situations, children will acquire new social skills and apply them in a natural and playful social context with their peers.
We believe that parents are integral to their children’s social success. As such, we create opportunities for parents to learn the same techniques and strategies implemented in the group. This way, parents will be able to assist their children in attaining success beyond the group.
New to Rochester site: Play group offered by “Progressive Early learning Playroom”.
Tuesday and Wednesday, August 11 and 12 *more dates coming soon
Three playgroup sessions each day.
9-10:30 Toddler Playgroup for ages 12 months to 36 months
11-12:30 Mixed age Playgroup for ages 18 months to 5 years
2-3:30 Preschool Playgroup for ages 3 to 5 years
Sign up today! Email: progressiveearlylearning@
Attend 4 sessions the 5th is free!
*Space is limited to five children for each playgroup session, so schedule now!
*Only $15 per session, payable by cash or check at the door.
– Intake and goal setting meeting
– Eight weekly playgroup meetings (75 minutes long)
– Two individual parent meetings
– Ongoing feedback to parents
– Children are grouped based on skill level and age, ranging from 2-10 years old.
– Multiple child development specialists facilitate each meeting (ratio of 1:4).
Target skills that are addressed:
– Joining peers in play
– Maintaining interactions
– Problem solving
– Emotional regulation
Two individual parent meetings focusing on:
– Guided observations of your child’s playgroup meetings
– Setting individual goals for your child and reviewing progress
– Identifying strategies and tools to implement at home
– Social Endeavors does not participate in any insurance networks for group meeting.
Our Rochester office will accept some insurance policies for individual meetings.
– Statements for insurance will be provided upon request.
– A limited number of sliding fee scale slots will be available.
Contact us for more information.
Children who could benefit from learning:
– How to join peers in play. How to sustain play
– How to share, take turns, and collaborate with peers
– How to increase frustration tolerance
– How to problem solve and resolve conflicts with peers
– How to figure out the “hidden” social rules