We believe that the parent-child relationship is the most important one in early childhood and throughout life. This relationship builds the foundation for all future relationships with others. This workshop provides a safe environment for parents to explore their parenting style and learn new strategies to enhance their relationship with their child. Our approach is based on the notion that active parental involvement in children’s life is a key to positive atmosphere at home and beyond and leads to strong bonds between family members.
Each meeting includes:
– Introduction of a weekly topic
– Parents will apply it by role playing in the group
– A plan for implementing it at home will be developed.
– Parents will discuss and assess their experiences with strategies from the prior week.
– By the end of the workshop, parents will have a complete tool-kit and an understanding of what has been most helpful with their child.
Topics will vary depending on the specific needs of the group, but in general we will cover issues such as:
– How to play and talk with children
– Positive reinforcements
– Limit setting
– Putting it all together – ABC model
– Teaching children to problem solve
Additionally, each meeting will address a common behavior that parents often struggle with such as:
– Not following directions
– Temper tantrums
– Difficulties with routines
– Power struggles with siblings
– For group meetings, Social Endeavors does not participate in any insurance networks.
– Statements for insurance will be provided upon request.
– A limited number of sliding fee scale slots will be available.
Contact us for more information.
– The foundations of successful parenting
– Communication and problem solving skills
– Solutions to common behavior problems